Enabled MPI in Manchester using YAIM and the recipe from Stephen Childs I found in the links below:
1) The documentation will move to probably the YAIM official pages
2) The location of the gip files is now under /opt/glite not /opt/lcg
3) Scripts DO interfere with the current setup on the WNs if run on their own so you need to reconfigure the whole node (I made the mistake of running only MPI_WN). On the CE instead it's enough to run MPI_CE.
4) MPI_SUBMIT_FILTER variable in site-info.def is not documented (yet). It enables the section of the scripts that rewrites torque submit_filter script that allocates the correct number of CPUs
5) Yaim doesn't publish MPICH (yet?) so I had to add the following lines
to /opt/glite/etc/gip/ldif/static-file-Cluster.ldif manually.